Tuesday, November 30, 2010

There's No Place Like Home

I love Thanksgiving. It's one of those comfortable holidays where the focus is on family and good hearty food and not candy, buying presents, or a particular color (you know: like red for Valetine's day or green for St Patrick's Day or yellow and purple for mardi gras :)

We went to Kansas to celebrate Turkey day Berger style and had a great time. Why do the long weekends go so fast?

Nate at SFO wondering where our pat-down was. He and I declined the scanner, but then there wasn't a pat down. Huh?
Uncle Brian and Blue chase Nate around the house. Brian was a very willing playmate for his nephew :)
Nate and Tante Claire play the Stickers-On-The-Nose game, Grammy opts out.
Cousin Valentine is fun to snuggle with. Isn't this the best photo? I love Nate's smile!

The Bergers, Dempseys, O'Deas and Umans clans at Blue Koi. Claire and Aunt Mady ordered quite well, though I would have not ordered 6 China Moons. Just sayin.


A very proud Grandpa and his turkey! The bird was super good this year, maybe because of the chicken broth in the drip pan?

We went to the crazily decorated house (every city has one) and met the guy who owns the house- he's been doing it for 47 years. I think he's losing it though, because what the HELL are those troll heads about?

Nate and Valentine ride the school bus through Grammy and Pa's house. Beep!

Grammy had the great idea to drive south and visit some animals. I mean, it is Kansas and all. Nate was enamored with a donkey that he and Valentine named Cow.

Random assortment of animals on a farm.

2 comments:

Claire said...

I must object! There were only 3 China Moons (and 2 Scallion Pancakes). But I agree that it was a wonderful weekend that went by far too quickly!

katherine berger said...

Twas a WONDERful Turkey time!
Nate had an even funner time when Grammy and Pa took over on Kansas Time!!