Friday, February 4, 2011

All By Myself

As is typical of the age, Nate is becoming much more independent and is making many strides towards self-sufficiency. It makes for a blessing and a curse. In the morning at school, he wants to pour his own milk- and is very frustrated if he spills any (just from a little cup into his cereal bowl). At night, he doesn't want to sit on my lap to read stories, he insists on sitting NEXT to me in the little glider. I convinced him last night to scoot over a bit as I was a big person and he was a little person, and then he pointed repeatedly to me saying 'Big' and himself saying 'little'.

Nate can undress himself. Almost.

Nate can Precor (almost)

Nate looks very independent here in his leather bomber jacket from Great Aunt Mady playing at his kitchen.
I love this picture of Nate, though I don't remember what he was doing. "Mommy, I want to fly high!"?
It's incredible what he can do at playgrounds now, with us behind him watching nervously.

But Michael Jordan still needs an assist from his teammates if he's going to make the tough shots. Pa is waiting for the rebound opportunity :)

1 comment:

katherine berger said...

Such a little mensch! Trying everything at least once! Though, if he likes it, "AGAIN!" it is!