Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Blessings

I want to take this blog entry to reflect on the last year, and give thanks for my two guys. 2008 has been filled with unimaginable highs and ridiculous lows. However, I choose to take only the good memories with me. Nate being placed in my arms for the first time at Sequoia Hospital, celebrating Mother's Day with Rose and Kathy, introducing Nate to all my friends and family.

Then there are Nate's milestones that come fast and furious: holding up his neck, smiling, grasping, pulling hair, laughing, pushups, sitting, babbling, the backwards crawl (which Dan calls the Polish crawl, and as Nate is 3/8ths Polish...). I close my eyes and I can just access the memory of him asleep and snoring in the crook of my arm, but then I open them and he's an 8 month baby wearing 18 month onesies and on the verge of crawling!

Dan and I have so much fun watching Nate grow up. When we laugh, we're laughing with Nate, not at him :) But God is he funny! He definitely gets that from his hilarious Papa, though his infectious laugh might be an offshoot of my own. In a couple months, Dan and I will be celebrating our 7th year anniversary of being together, and I swear I laugh more and more each day. If Nate grows up laughing, I'll have done my job.

I don't have any crazy New Years resolutions, beyond the usual: eat less sugar. But I would like to appreciate more the blessings that I have in all of my dear friends that have become dearer this year, and the tremendous family we have surrounding us. We couldn't have gotten through this year without family, truly.

Happy New Year's everyone! Hope you ring it in with style, i.e. in a full-body green sleeper like Nate below opening one of his awesome Christmas gifts with Daddy.

3 comments:

Anne said...

We are just as lucky to have you all in our lives too! :) AED
PS Nate was a blast the past two days!

Anonymous said...

Hey Buddy!
Hope you had a nice Christmas. I just wanted to wish you a Happy New Year!

Heller Home said...

Cheers to that! I loved your comments Kerren, they are all too true. I am so confident that your family is going to have a WONDERFUL year this year and I hope to be a big part of it!
Happy New Year!
Ashley