Monday, August 31, 2009

I left my heart in...

Walnut Creek! I dropped Nate off at his Nonna and Grandpa Dempsey's on Friday. This is the look he gave me when I left him. Hey, buddy, I'll see you in 2 days, I swear!



Friday night we tried to go to OutsideLands, the 3 day SF music festival in Golden Gate Park. Well, it was so poorly organized that we walked about 3 miles and never actually got in the festival. And eventually we ended up playing pool at this local dive bar and grabbing dinner in the Marina. I don't think I'd been there before, but Isa's quite good. Especially their apps.

On Saturday, we drove back into the city and checked into our hotel in advance of Dave Beaulieu and Jen Carlson's wedding! We had been looking forward to this for a while. They had cable cars to take us to the church on time.


Mission Dolores Church: picturesque indeed. The old mission next door was founded in 1776!


My pictures of the wedding didn't turn out too well, but just watching these 2 get married, you knew that all was right in the world. They both had the biggest smiles!

Funny story, while Dave was at the front of the church, kind of towards the side, as Jen started walking down the aisle- he's seeing her for the first time in her dress- 3 camera-toting tourists come in the door right behind him. They wander into the historic church and stand right there while he watches his bride come down the aisle. Um, hello?! Wedding in progress!!! Get the heck out! LOL
On the way from the church to the reception, our cable car was buzzed by Paul on his scooter. Dan got a good shot:


Us on the cable car:


The reception was at the old James Flood mansion. Oh my God is this a neat venue. I had been wanting to see the inside of this place for years! They couldn't keep me out any longer.


Us in front of the crazy sick view.


We had the best table. Lisa and Rupal, Dawn and Rebecca, Ashley and Adam, Lori and Phil.



Here's Lori and Phil, super cute together!


The dance floor was where it was AT after dinner.


The next morning was a bit bleary-eyed bien sur. But we drove to the WC to pick up the little one and learned that Nate had been having tons of fun the whole time. We were partying in the city, he was partying in the swing! He even took his meals in it.








1 comment:

katherine berger said...

Nate's new mode of eating?? A SWING??!! :) Could make getting the spoon into his mouth a real challenge!! But Grandpa Mark would have no prob! :)