We met up in the parking lot where Paula got the boys to hold hands. You can never be too safe when cars are driving around! Thanks Grammy for the sweet skeleton shirt, it glows in the dark. SCARY
Unfortunately Nate was pretty zonked for most of the trip. I think he barely registered the hay ride, and only had a passing interest in the train ride. The goats were cool though. Here's Nate rubbing his eyes right when we got there. Oh and I got stung by a yellow jacket even before we had made our way in. I have such a talent with bugs, I'm like the bee and mosquito whisperer.
So slowly but surely Nate is trying different foods. I think it's because of his allergies that I've been so cautious (at least that's what I tell myself). We were at Trader Joe's the other day and they were sampling their new morning buns which miraculously do not contain eggs. We both tried them then and there and dang were they good. We then made our way around the store and back for seconds. :)
We went to Celia's Mexican restaurant on Friday night, a family outing to say goodbye to Dan for the week. I wish I had captured his first bite of refried beans because you'd have thought he was licking a battery from his face. But bite numbers 2-8 were more appreciated.
We're excited for all the Halloween festivities this week, and that we can share them with Grammy! Dan gets back Saturday morning, just in time for the trick or treating. I bet you're all breathless with anticipation to see what Nate's going to be. And of course I'm dressing up too, though our costumes are completely unrelated.
No comments:
Post a Comment