Monday, January 18, 2010

Drumroll please

At long last, the kitchen is done and dusted (and dusty). We're very excited about the finished product. All that remains is picking a color and Dan painting it. I broke it in tonight for the first time: a pancetta, cheese and broccoli 'souffle'.

The workmen were able to fix the uneven ceiling. And the biggest surprise: the stainless steel fridge is actually magnetic when we had been told it wouldn't be! That's good news for Nate's Radio DJ as he counts down the hits (Twinkle Twinkle Little Star has been a #1 hit for as long as Radio DJ can remember).

If you click on the pics below, you should be able to see more detail. The backsplash brings a blue-green tint to the room, which we may coax out further with the paint color.















How sweet is the granite? I'm loving it, though it needs to be sealed again and the granite guy is evading everyone's calls. Dude, it's your job. Seal my granite.
















Here's a shot looking the other way towards the microwave 'nook' and the fridge.















Just for fun...

6 comments:

katherine berger said...

BRAVA, Kerren!! You got the pix up! YOU are the "Mistress of The Mac"!! :)
AND...the kitchen is sooo awesome! You will definitely enjoy it! Lovin' the smooth, cool feel of the entire area! Once again, BRAVA! :)

Zen Mama said...

Kerren- the kitchen is GORGEOUS! I am SOOOOO excited for you. But I'm also excited for me to come over and have many a cooking date in that space.

I guess this means I need to give you some of your dishes back now. ;-)

jfetner said...

awesome! love the backsplash color!

Anne said...

Very nice! This is BEGGING for you to have a dinner party (with all your spare time). :) AED

Anne said...

Kerren, the kitchen looks amazing!!! I'm so proud of you and happy that it turned out just as you wanted. (Great news about the ceiling, too!) Can't wait to see it in person!

n k said...

Where oh where have the KDK dinners gone? That kitchen is screaming for them!