Monday, January 4, 2010

Solid as a Rock

I love our granite, it really turned out so well. The granite guys said that it gave them 'the runaround' (heck if I know what that means in granite-speak). Here's a pic of what it looks like in the kitchen. The backsplash supposedly goes in tomorrow. The faucet was hooked up today. And then the lighting, the hood and a final stain on the floor! SOCLOSE



Unfortunately, though, not all is going to plan. The ceiling is not level and I'm trying to determine who to blame. I mean, it's not my fault that my ceiling is not level. And now it's all I can see when I look at the kitchen. Angry Kerren is starting to rear her head; I fear for my contractor.

Yesterday we went to The Bay Area Children's Discovery Museum in Sausalito: the coolest kids museum I've ever seen. Side note: the Exploratorium is very neat, but it's for older kids, and the California Academy of Sciences is pretty awesome too, but that's almost more for adults. This Sausalito museum is tailor-made for Nate- they basically tracked Nate down and asked him what he would like to most and he said: jump on a foamy mat, play with plastic fish in a running stream, stack blocks, feel sand through my fingers, and paint on a window. This will be a great destination for the years to come.


3 comments:

jfetner said...

let us know when you head back; we LOVE the BADM. Kitchen is looking fab!

Claire said...

The granite looks amazing! Yea! And Nate looks positively gleeful in that first picture :)

n k said...

I miss that place!!! (And so many others...) What fun we'll have there together though when we're back and you've cooked up a few siblings for Nate...