Saturday, July 31, 2010

Go fly a kite

Yesterday Nate and I traipsed across the bay with some friends for our first visit to the Berkeley Kite Festival. I had heard of it years ago from Natalie, but don't ask me why we had never checked it out. Shame on me, it is awesome!

This year they're going to break the world record for number of octopus kites being flown at one time.



Visual candy




We were joined on our adventure by Kiera, Lisa, Kellen and Shannon. The kids liked the kites, but loved this rock.


Look out below!


Just playin', I'm fine.


All together now! Notice the elaborate setup behind the kiddos; we were quite jealous as we had even forgotten a blanket to sit on. Next year!



I love this picture. Kellen's sunglasses crack me up!



One tired monkey


3 comments:

Heller Home said...

Looks amazing, I was so sorry to miss. I cant wait to see you at work in a few days. Miss and love you!
xoxo Ash

katherine berger said...

WOW!! Whatta thrill for the little ones to see all those "bird-kites??!!" Whassup w/that?:)

Did the China kites even go up?!

Forget Alcatraz! These kids have found THEIR "ROCK"!

n k said...

GREAT pics!! Oh, how I miss that festival! So glad we could visit vicariously...