Nathaniel Berg Dempsey was born April 26th at 1:05pm at 9lbs 2oz and 22 inches. He is an absolute angel and we are having so much fun being new parents! After almost a week in the hospital, we were discharged on Thursday and could finally introduce Nate to our home. He has the most hilarious expressions, mostly while waking up or after eating, I'll try to post some soon. He loves to be swaddled and look around at all the new things, especially lights. However only his Daddy can swaddle him just like he likes it, somehow his mom keeps letting this hands get loose. Nate's a champion eater and in only 6 days he got back up to his original birthweight, after dipping down to 8lbs 7oz in the hospital. He definitely prefers his awake time at night, but will hopefully work with us to reverse the whole nocturnal thing. Grammy Berger took a shift last night to help out but our 7 day old still managed to get the better of all 3 of us. He's a formidable (and cute!) competitor :)We are so thankful to Sequoia Hospital and their whole Labor and Delivery staff. Someday I'll be able to recount the whole process without considerable emotion but for now, thank you to: Dr Kim, Kristene, Eileen, Terry, Cindy, the 2 Ginas, Monique, Margo, Tuleen, Laura, the 2 Caroles, Dr Hoff, Nancy, and Tony. Let's just say when I was wheeled out of the hospital I could wave to most of the people on the way to the elevator as they had all 'worked on' either Nathaniel or myself.
Dan and I are so blessed to have Nate in our lives; it's amazing, this being a parent thing.
Here
's a great picture of Daddy burping Nate after a big meal.
2 comments:
What a cutie! I love him already! I can't wait to talk to him in person (after just hearing his cute little noises over the phone)! Yea!
This is THE cutest baby EVER!! :) Our first grandchild and we are blown away with this charming young fella!
I am so blessed to be able to spend TWO WHOLE WEEKS in Nate's early life, helping out as best this old granny's body will allow!
People tried to 'warn' me, but I could NOT believe how absolutely special grannyhood could be!! Thank you Kerren and Dan!:)
Love, GrammyB
Post a Comment