Friday, April 25, 2008

I am Past Poppy

Although I am leading quite the sedentary life these days, there is one saving grace to keeping me active. Her name is Shiva Rea and she is the creator of the prenatal yoga DVD that I do at least three times a week. My mom captured this exciting event below about 6 weeks ago. Here I'm doing a modified downward dog, otherwise known as a less strenuous, less yoga-like downward dog.

Natalie lent me this DVD and is - because of that - entirely the one responsible for keeping me fit during my pregnancy! Thank you Natalie!! There are 3 women who appear during this prenatal yoga 'workout'. Shiva herself,wearing a quite flattering ruby red body suit, plays the 1st trimester role, and needs no pose modification throughout. She is quite flexible and likes to show off that fact. Britta is in her 2nd trimester and wears a royal blue bodysuit. When she does a pose, she does it about 70%, and tends to modify her workout with a yoga block. But then there's Poppy. Poppy is in her 3rd trimester and wears a puse bodysuit that readily shows off how pregnant she is; I'm convinced they renamed her Poppy because she's about to pop. She is not allowed to do any of the yoga poses fully (except for the very basic mountain and cross-legged poses). She never looks angry about all of the pose modification, just mildly sad. At the end of the workout, she isn't even allowed to lie down and relax like the others, she has to support her upper leg with a chair. A chair!
My Point here is that I've Passed the Point of Poppy. I'm Post Poppy.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: