Here's that famous Nate smile alongside Anderson's straight face:
Nate was all up in my business when I was wrapping prezzies this weekend. So to keep him busy I would give him festive sticker after festive sticker to give to Daddy. That was a fun game, but taking a picture of him with a sticker on his forehead? Not so fun.
The floors in the kitchen are coming along. They don't look like the existing floors, which are apparently impossible to find. Shoddy excuse I say! I mean, they're gorgeous floors, but they just don't match. I've included a picture later, but wanted to post this pic of Nate eating lunch al fresco due to some pretty heavy floor fumes (from some kind of staining process?) He's pointing to an airplane...

The top section of this shot are the new floor boards. The flash rendered the color difference between the 2 unremarkable, but there is a distinct difference in color that I hope additional staining will mitigate. Regardless: we have a floor!
And now for the best part of all: the cabinets! I would say this is my favorite part so far. I have THE BEST cabinet guy should you need. Note the new door and window, the place for the oven and fridge, and the bi-level island. Today the appliances are coming and the granite is getting installed next week I think, along with the backsplash. Yesterday, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered the lighting. Dan could not believe, rightly so, that I made all these other previous decisions yet I was dragging out the lighting decision for over a month. Weird, I know.
Happy holidays if I don't post again. Bring it on, '10!
3 comments:
oh wow! Looking good! AED
I don't even know what a bi-level island is. I've heard of "seasonal" and "private" islands but this is a new one. Hmmm.
The picture with Nate's "I believe" sticker made nonna laugh! Things at your house are looking great! Nonna & Annie
Post a Comment