Saturday, March 20, 2010

Under the sea

The Monterey Bay Aquarium would be one of my top recommendations for someone visiting the Bay Area (if you were to rent a car and leave the city). Nate, Dan and I all loved it!

Nate got to manhandle some starfish (or 'Tara' as he calls them)


I don't remember what were in these little doors, but it's like a giant Advent Calendar.



These leafy looking things are sea horses! They're super trippy. The one of the right, you can kind of make out the horsehead...


If I turned off my flash and held myself really still I could capture the sea life...



When you think about it, walking on sand IS kind of weird. Which is why Nate preferred to be carried like the little Prince he is ;) Actually, this is more how the Dempseys get their ab work in. Abs of steel, people.


The Fish Grotto on Cannery Row is a touristy restaurant with amazing views, good shrimp, and average salads. We got a great booth where Nate joined us on a booster.



Just for fun:




Can I just comment on how incredible a service like Skype is? Natalie and I were able to have a conversation from half a world away. For free. In our pajamas. We miss you Kennedys! (Good luck with that fender bender-- clearly when someone rear ends you at a stop light it's your fault.)

3 comments:

n k said...

Was SO nice catching up! I've really missed hearing the Berger voice. Enjoy all the visiting fam, can't wait to see pics of all the adventures I know you'll get up to!

katherine berger said...

Sooooo...Nate DOES like walking on sand or not? Maybe chasing down the tides trumps the creepy sand-feel?!
YES, Skype RULES! :)

katherine berger said...

And, YES...sisters, aunties and grand-ies...OH MY! :)