Anywho....
Anne, Logan and Kianna invited us to Coyote Point Museum on Friday. We had been to Magic Purple Mountain, but didn't realize there was a museum too. Apparently no one mans the parking booth on Friday mornings so we saved $5 there.
The museum is part Exploratorium, part zoo, and all fun. Nate LITERALLY high fived an otter.

And then there was this badger, seemingly straight out of the Bear Snores On. Cool stuff! The video won't post because blogger doesn't like anything over 24 seconds. I know, random.
Nate is the oldest in our playgroup, so we have a bunch of fun birthday parties to look forward to. Mikayla's big 0-2 was this weekend and Maren was super thoughtful and got NBD a vegan cupcake! He licked it clean of frosting and then ran off to the swings. I don't mind sloppy seconds where Whole Foods cupcakes are involved.
My latest project is to paint a ship wheel. Yes, you read that right. I found this ship wheel at the Alameda antique fair a few Sundays ago and Fetner convinced me that it will be perfect mounted on the wall in Nate's nautically themed bedroom. But just one tiny detail: I want it to be white. So I've spent this weekend sanding it, then comes the primer, then the paint. Can you believe I've become somewhat handy with a dremel?
I never posted on Mother's day, but I wanted to show you the gorgeous flowers that Dan got me. Here we are 2 weeks later and the Stargazer lilies are still showing their stuff. Dan and Nate took me to brunch at Alana's in RWC (we sat in the other room from Jerry Rice who did not wish me a happy mother's day for the record). I hope that my own mum had a gorgeous mom's day too! I love you mom!
Rose has been on our minds every day, especially Mother's day. Whether it be a funny thing that Nate did that she would have appreciated, or an Italian family reunion that she would have loved, or just a dinner in our backyard. Happy Mother's Day Nonna... We miss you very much.
1 comment:
Aww. That last picture is perfect... but it is so very heartbreaking.
Thought of you guys that Sunday. Hugs all around.
Post a Comment