Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Infidel

It's a term for someone who is an unbeliever. It's also an awesome book by Ayaan Hirsi Ali. I had the distinct pleasure of hearing her speak in Palo Alto last night, she was amazing. The moderator lady was lame, everyone was just waiting for her to stop speaking and for Ayaan to tell her incredible stories.

I waited in line to get my book signed, and after a sizable wait, while she's signing my book do I tell her what an inspiration she is? Do I ask her how she handles having a price on her head? Or living with bodyguards night and day? No. I tell her I think she's cool and that we'd be friends if she lived out here. What?! Huh? I have no idea where that came from. Even as I was saying it I wanted to stop.

My new motto that I thought I'd share: Living in the moment could be the meaning of life. Of course the hard part is always living in the moment. I'm no Buddhist monk.

No comments: