Thursday, May 6, 2010

I'm ready for my closeup!

Nate's new word is: happy. And that he is (most of the time).



We've become very ritualized around here. Every weekday, non-Friday morning involves making Nate's lunch, waking him up at 7am (sometimes by drawing the shades, that's just so perfect), and putting him in his clothes for school. We brosse les dents, which Dan calls Ponce de Leon, and then he trots after Dan towards the car. Sometimes, cheese is eaten.




Last playgroup, there was some experimentation with the potty. It was a group affair. I wonder if Nate's drinking water in order to create some kind of need to use the pot.



I know he's sitting on the toilet, but if you zoom in on his face, it's quite a beautiful picture.



Happy mother's day to me! I get an afternoon to shop, workout, see a movie and read my book after a brunch with my boys. Best day ever.

2 comments:

katherine berger said...

Whatta boy!! Whatta MOM!! :) AND...whatta Mother's Day!! Maybe Grammy will do that too!!
Does Nate have ANY idea what the "potty thang" is about?!
Countdown till our arrival: 5 days!

Tara said...

He is getting so big!!!!