Sunday, September 12, 2010

Best Hike Ever

For the record, I do not like this new blogger format. I can't control what pictures go where and it's a crap shoot where my text ends up. So I'm adding text as captions, so any text will reference the picture above itself rather than how I was doing it before. Pictures keep resorting themselves and it's *extremely* frustrating.

While on vacation, we took one big hike-- from Bear Lake to Emerald Lake within Rocky Mountain National Park. It was literally a dream of a hike, 4+ miles all told. 
Along the way we passed Dream Lake and Nymph Lake. All of them were beyond gorgeous!





Pose for nature!
Nate spent part of the time in the backpack and a good chunk of time hiking and bouldering. He'd boulder up and Dan would carry him down.
Christmas Card?
This is Bear Lake. Only the beginning of the beauty.
Someone's getting sleepy.... No, not Dan, though I'm sure he could use a nap. Ideally this is the last picture in this post but Blogger is pissing me off and I'm losing patience.
Emerald Lake: the holy grail. Breathtaking. Though Nate didn't seem too impressed until i handed him a good number of snacks.

1 comment:

katherine berger said...

WOW!! Georgeous INDEED!! The mountains, sky and trees, too! :)
Grammy;)