Monday, September 13, 2010

What else, you ask?

I've milked this Colorado vacation for too many blog posts. I'll combine a bunch here, some highlights. Clearly we had a good time.


Nate and Dad belly up to a concert in the park. The singer looked JUST like John Denver. Pretty good stuff considering it was a free concert in the park. Nate sat patiently for the entire thing, that was.... odd and different.
Elk. Everywhere. I took this picture from the car without any zoom.
Nate and I on top of a mountain after taking the air train. I'll have to post a video later, once I crop it, of all the chipmunks that were attacking us. Literally.
On top of the world.
We happened upon another little concert, this time in a cute little pavillion. Nate was so wired though that we ended up at the creek right outside of the venue where he promptly fell in and we had to take off his wet clothes. I think this was the night he had the fudge. Clearly.
Nate thought he was cheating on the sly. Not so much.
 Mini golf!!! Dan attempted to teach Nate the basics.
A journey to 12,000+ feet was freezing cold and resulted in Nate putting himself to sleep he was so scared. Then of course I thought he had altitude sickness.
We rented a pontoon boat, inspired by the Kennedys. Much much fun.
All 3 Dempseys skidded down this slide on potato sacks! Though my journey was lackluster, somehow I stalled out mid-slide. Lame.
What I call the Pontoon Bike. Onlookers had to take pictures of us. The Dempseys travel in style.
Tasting rain... mmmmm

1 comment:

katherine berger said...

Yeah, right! Nate sure IS having fun!! ;) Didn't seem too sure to us...waiting for more vids of The Kid!:)