Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day of the Dad

Happy Father's Day Dan, Jim and Dad. And all the other awesome fathers out there.
Dan, you are an amazing involved and loving Dad and I adore parenting with you!
Dad, if you read this, call me! :) I love you.

We went to Tahoe this weekend and had a really nice relaxing time. Here are some pics!

It was so relaxing of a time that Nate spent the whole time upside down



Dan and Nate had two sessions in the pool, one of which Aunt Annie joined. The pool was heated, thank goodness. There was still snow all around!

You can see the snow-capped mountains in the background. Here, Dan shows Nate the complex art of throwing rocks. Nate later failed his test when he misthrew a rock point blank into Dan's head. Oops.

I don't like this play structure.

Kayaking on Lake Tahoe, one is prone to get distracted by the view and paddle in the wrong direction

Sunnyside brunch this morning. Nate clearly could not be bothered by this picture.



Crazy little guy getting in the freezing water bare-legged. The good news is he's finally over his sand phobia (I'm sure there's a word for that)

Nate and Mary were roommates in Tahoe (which Nate misheard as mermaid and thought I was being silly).

Ending with the 'tail end' of that first shot :)

2 comments:

katherine berger said...

Somehow my comment never got posted...from the public library in Stockholm:(... Dan's Daddy's Day (and Jim's, too) looked terrific!
YOUR Dad's taking a rain cheque!:) In June w/Claire, and July with YOU! :)))))

n k said...

ok, the comment on the play structure really made me laugh out loud. i pictured your face at the playground... and missed you terribly!!