Sunday, February 1, 2009

Away for the first time

My first weekend away from Nate (and Dan's first weekend flying solo with Nate) went swimmingly. I had a great time in DC visiting Claire and Brian. DC is a long ways away, so I had time to devour my book on the flights. Virgin America is not all that. They didn't even give out peanuts! What is that?

Claire and I went to the Building Museum, the National Portrait Gallery and the George Washington Masonic Temple Museum. Of the 3 I think I would only recommend the National Portrait Gallery (sorry Secret Society of Masons, but your museum is creepy).





















I got to play Wii for the first time, and was mildly obsessed with my Mii, here we are bonding...












Claire and Brian took me to some very cool restaurants. I would recommend all of them, most notably Pollo Rico, of recent Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations fame, and EatBar where I had some good wine, some great hush puppies and some outstanding prosciutto-covered dates!

Howard and Alex joined us for a brunch at Harry's Bar, and I had the immense pleasure of meeting Gin, Abbie and of course little H. He's a wild one as you can tell from this pic! He had his way with the restaurant.












All the while, I was missing my little guy of course, but he did just fine with Dad (and Nonna :). They went to the Hiller Air Museum, up to the city to hang with Aunt Aunnie, and got to see Nate's friend.

1 comment:

Claire said...

I love that you posted the picture of you and your mii! You will be happy to know that she actively participates in Wii Fit games...including throwing panda heads at me :)