Friday, April 24, 2009

That's my boy

A warning to all moms, nannies and babysitters, do not go to Ozuma in San Carlos. They steal babies. That's right, I said steal babies. The waitress was admiring Nate throughout the dinner we had last week with our friends the Bladows; we were seated in the room where you have to take your shoes off and I was trapped at the far side of the table. At the end of dinner, this waitress picked him up without asking, had him wave goodbye to all of us, shut the rice paper door and walked away. With Nate. Here's a picture of Nate just before the alleged baby stealing. Needless to say I had Kelly run after him and get him back. Apparently the waitress was at the register ringing people up while holding Nate. Who DOES that?!


We had the pleasure of having a yummy dinner at the Larssons. I didn't get a good shot of the 2 kids, but here's Nate serenading Kianna on her pink baby grand. Hopefully he takes to the piano like his mom did (and is better at it natch).



On Tuesday, Nate and I tried to beat the ridiculous 96 degree heat and headed up to the city where, surely, it would be cooler. It was 94. Nate had his first playdate with blonde foreign twin girls. Here he is showing off his new skill to them: standing on his own! That's right ladies, I can stand on my own... Heidi's girls, Marguerite and Beatrice were picture perfect and behaved quite nicely. Meanwhile Nate turned Heidi's Aunt Judy's supposedly child-proofed house upside down. He found the chinks in her armor. Somehow a ceramic teapot ended up getting flung across the kitchen, and all flower arrangements had to be taken to higher ground.






We've had a lot of excitement recently, preparing for the big birthday party. Grammy arrives today in fact!!! Here's Nate patiently waiting for me to undo the stroller. Come on, Mom, it's not that hard. (actually it is)


No comments: