Friday, May 22, 2009

Hog heaven

On Tuesday, Nate and I joined Christina, Cole and Talia at what I would consider Mecca for all kids: the San Jose Children's Discovery Museum. We spent the whole time in the under 4 area, didn't even have time for the water part.

They had lots of things to chew on for Nate. And you're supposed to follow your kid around and put everything that's touched their mouth in a To Be Sanitized basket. Needless to say I was working double duty for this kid. And yes I realize these pants have to be retired. I think the snaps have lost their stick; at one point all of them came undone and Nate was crawling around in a veritable skirt!




Neat stuff! To get to this room, Nate crawled up a whole flight of stairs. I will post video at some point.



When you push down on the objects (french horn, frog) they make the appropriately loud sounds. Pretty cool stuff, though the room was about 5 feet high, pricing me out of the game.




Nate can hold his own with Cole. Though he can't smell on command.



Nate x100! He loved his little army of lookalikes.



"You're smaller than me, let me show you how plinko works."



We spent the most time on these purple steps, which weren't actually steps and he could just tumble down when needed.


I still have to post pics from the Life is Good festival, I totally forgot. When we got home from the festival Nate got super sick and we spent the night in urgent care, so I must have wiped that memory from my brain. We leave for DC tomorrow, wish us luck on the (long!) flight.

2 comments:

Claire said...

Wow...that place looks like a blast (for Nate)! I wish we had something comparable here. I can't believe you come tomorrow...good luck on the flight and I'll see you sooooooon!

katherine berger said...

This is THE outfit Nate wore in his "school pic" that Grammy has in her wallet and shows EVERYONE she meets!!! AND, she meets a LOTTA people!!! :) Everyone agrees that Nate is totally 'edible'!! :)))
"Fish yogurt!" Tell Nate this is what he'll be eating over KC! :)
Luv yas,
GrammyKat:)