Saturday, June 27, 2009

I'm walkin' yes indeed.

Nate is fully walking now, the only way I can describe it is: awesome. Each day he makes huge progress, like yesterday he was walking around the living room with a bat in one hand and a mini bubble blower in the other. Ain't no thang, he says. This is definitely the most impactful 'milestone' we've seen.

Here he is a few days ago while Dan and I are eating a very distracted dinner. Since Nate's on the taller side of babies, he can reach fully half a foot onto the dinner table and grab our plates and bowls. So we now have only a few inches in the middle of the table with which to eat and place non-baby friendly valuables like our computers, phones, etc.



Nate, since you're walking (and you're 14 months!!), do I have to call you a toddler?

Dan leaves for Japan TODAY. For 8 days. Yes, this work trip affects two weekends and a national holiday, I'm so not excited. Anyone lacking in Nate time is welcome to come over and get their fill!

2 comments:

katherine berger said...

Such a QT!!! He starts off sounding like he's saying "Nate..." and something!! It seems as it's dawned on him that "HEY! THIS is the natural state of humankind!!" (i.e. UPright!:) Evolution right before your eyes!! :) GO, Nate, GO! Run, Momma Kerren, Run!!

Heller Home said...

GO NATE!!! You are a rock star! Kerren remember to call me if you need ANYTHING while Dan is away! :-)