Sunday, June 28, 2009

Party foul

Dan made it to Japan yesterday, today, tomorrow, whenever. We miss him so much already! Especially last night, when I was trying in vain to cool the house down. Dan's perfected his cooling algorithm through years of practice: fan here, window open there, secondary fan facing backwards in that room.... etc. I try to pay attention, I really do. But apparently I've learned nothing because we went to sleep at 80.2 degrees and woke up to 78.4 degrees. The good news there: I slept! Nate slept! We did it!

Last night, Nate and I went to Anderson's first birthday party. He's a buddy from playgroup and his parents have air conditioning (I'm jealous as you can tell). We spent some time outside, however, because Nate had a thing for the beer bucket. Literally every piece of ice in that bucket of Corona had been in Nate's mouth by the end of the evening.



















Don't you wonder if he'll be that guy hanging out at the keg at college parties correcting people on how they're tilting their cup into the tap?

I need to get a good video of this first, but the big news is that Nate has said (and continues to say) his first word. Hiss. As in "what does the snake say?" He'll say it all day long, it's very cute. Yes, it's kind of random, but we'll take what we can get!

1 comment:

katherine berger said...

"HISS" boom ba!! Go Nate! Grandpa and I can't wait to HISS with you in a couple weeks!! :)