Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Heartbreak Hotel

It pains me to confirm it on the blog since I've held out such hope, but our digital camera has been lost to the rolling hills of Sonoma. Well, actually the town square of Sonoma. Between 5:30 and 6pm on Saturday night. Since realizing it's disappearance, I have been on the CSI task force. I've talked to the Sonoma police department, the visitors bureau, city hall, the Cheese Factory, Half Pint, a couple tasting rooms on the square, an ice cream store, the restaurant we had dinner at, and the charity that was having a fundraiser in the square that very night. No joke, the foundation for Crohn's and Colitis was extremely nice about the whole thing; I'm going to donate some money to them.

Anyways, I digress. We are now without camera and more importantly without any pictures from the last few weeks. All the video I had taken of Nate learning to walk: gone. Dan and I in SF for our alone weekend: gone. Nate toddling around Sonoma with his new little white hat and sunblock visibly dotting his cheeks: gone.

I know what you're going to ask... why weren't the photos backed up? Well our computer was broken, that's the easy answer. So the first thing we did on Sunday was drive to Hillsdale mall and buy a mac. The Apple store still has the new machine as they're transferring all our old data to the new computer, but the old computer keeps turning off so they're having a lot of trouble with it. Surprise surprise. Here's what we ended up getting.

In the meantime, I have my cameraphone, a sleek little 2.0 megapixel thing that gets the job done. Check out this sweet pic of Nate having no fear of a very big dog. In this respect, he is not his mother's son.

Since he's been walking it's been a different world. He's very steady now and falls down only when tripping over something (or when turning, tired, or hungry). I'm enamored with Nate all over again, he's been such a joy. And of course I hope to post pics and videos soon.

1 comment:

katherine berger said...

Well...I guess Momma's gonna HAVE TO get a doggie one o'these days!! Nate-dawg is sooo fascinated w/these animals!! :)