Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Nonna


















There are not many ways I can put this into words, as the grief is so deep right now and the shock still so raw.

Rose, we love you. The impact you had on all of us will last through the rest of our lives. Nate will see your picture every day and will know how much he was loved by his Nonna. You were an amazing positive force, and I am lucky to have known you for almost 8 years, and so blessed to have been your honorary daughter. I am profoundly sad that I no longer have your wisdom and love, but I will carry you with me in my heart.

Thank you for your compassion and your generosity and your thoughtfulness. And thank you for welcoming me to the family with such open arms. Nate believes that you live across the street from us, and, in spirit Rose, you will.

2 comments:

katherine berger said...

I know how Rose might have felt holding Nate in this picture. The sheer joy in holding one's grandson!

She had a quiet sweetness that everyone who met her felt. Rose will be profoundly missed.

n k said...

Beautifully written, Bergie. We're thinking of you guys. I still remember how happy and proud (and pretty!) she looked on your wedding day. Know you and D miss her desperately.