Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Zoo-min

A couple weekends ago we went to the San Francisco zoo for the first time, brave as we are considering all the animal attacks in recent years. Dan had been there years ago, but neither Nate nor I had been there. My sister and I grew up going to the Kansas City zoo, and I have such fond memories. Here's to giving Nate some memories at the Fleishhacker zoo! All in all, the grounds are well organized and set up- we'll be back. We got there and realized, d'oh, that we had forgotten the stroller. What parents of a 2 year old do that?!

So we rented a little zoo wagon. Nate loved to get in and out of it repeatedly, and also enjoyed pushing it just like Mommy and Daddy were doing...

Majestic giraffe. Man, I love a good giraffe.

Flamingos are odd birds. Nate was flummoxed.

I forget what animal we were looking at, I think it was a chimp. We also saw Kookaburras

The SF zoo has a choo choo train! Let's just say someone was excited. Dan took him on it and captured Nate waving at the bystanders. "I train!" he shouted to the ticket taker after his ride.

Kangaroos.

Nate tames the mighty hippo. But where's his beebo?! (for those of you familiar with the book)

Which are cooler: zebras or giraffes? But know before you go that the zoo does not have elephants. WTF

"When can we come back? Seriously! When?!"

At 11am every day, the zoo does a grizzly feeding. We got there early and staked out our spot. This video is awesome. 

 



2 comments:

n k said...

Fun! Who needs elephants when you've got grizzlies??

Happy belated birthday to the hot mama. How does it feel to be 30 at last?

Nancy said...

Beebo! Izzy knows where hers is! =)