Saturday, May 7, 2011

Lightning McNate

Nate's birthday party was more low-key this year. We had it on a Friday afternoon, and no meal was involved. But I went a little crazy on the theme. Kerren has to go big! The theme was Lightning McQueen: partly because, well, yes, Nate loves the movie Cars, but also partly because Grammy had foretold that we would have a Cars party. And went to the lengths of securing said party favors for said party. It was in the cards! We also rented a Lightning McQueen bouncehouse for the front yard. Needless to say, the neighbors kind of noticed. 
Here's Nate and Noelle (our little neighbor from across the street) bouncing bouncing bouncing
Nate, Thomas, Greylin and Max tackle in the jumpy house.


  


I made a street on the island, and integrated the Vanilla Moon cupcakes within as well as party favor racecars.
Michael assists Matthew with some stomp rocket reconnaissance work.











  1.     
Blogger is driving me insane right now. I can't fill in captions for some of these photos, so suffice to say: I organized a Red Light Green Light game that some of the kids really got into. The laundry baskets are 'cars' that they have to decorate with racing symbols before the race can begin!


We had a nice little turnout! Michael took this picture, so it's from a higher vantage point
Noelle hits a grounder. Safe!
Dan and Garrett shoot the breeze while Logan waits for a break in the conversation.
Mikayla, Nate, Thomas and Kellen: new rat pack? I made a personalized photo button for each kid, Nate's wearing his in the pic, Kiera and Lucy are wearing theirs in the next shot.

Three?! When did that happen? Sigh.














I love Logan's expression in this photo!

One last bounce for old time's sake.
What HAPPENED?!! The man takes the jumpy house away.

1 comment:

katherine berger said...

Whatta GREAT 3rd birthday partay for Nate the Great!!
When did the jumpy house appear? AFTER or BEFORE his nap?! haha!
The table of cuppycakes looks soooo sweet...in more ways than one! :)
mazel tov little fella!