Sunday, May 22, 2011

Ta-da

I have to apologize to Ashley, I have been holding out on family room pictures for far too long. Here they are, befores and afters. And if anyone wants a swatch of the puce shag carpet, it's on sale for a limited time offer :)


Before (clearly). Some of the blue tape never came to fruition... Our budget turned out not to be limitless :)  This blue couch is also no longer. It is now the property of a Russian dude with an extreme mullet.

This blue tape did actually come to be. Bye bye non-working sliding glass door! Good riddance mold.

I thought I would document the construction zone. Always good for posterity.

Windows and door newly installed, pre-stain.

Finished product!! Drywall, wood floor, new windows, new carpet, new lighting. That long couch in front of the fireplace, though, is either going to be moved into our living room or find it's way into Annie's place. It's served us well!

Sorry about the shadows, wanted to show the transom in its glory.

Here you can see the new couch! It's a full sleeper on the left with a comfy wedge on the right. It's my designated Cuddle Zone with Nate. The closet to the right of the couch was also gutted so as to expurgate the moldy stench. Success!




3 comments:

Heller Home said...

I LOVE it, so funny I logged on twice today to see if you had posted pics! I am a true fan.
Love it, your home is beautiful!

katherine berger said...

OK...we were prob. asleep when you posted this blog...unable to sustain TRUE FAN #1 status! ;)

Cannot wait to see the finished product in person in July! So very diff now...good goin'guys!

Claire said...

Oooh...I love the couch! Sorry we missed it...