Monday, August 18, 2008

The boy and the ladies

Nate has been surrounded by ladies while in Kansas, except for Grandpa. There was a little to-do at the house, and Nate behaved quite well (which means sleeping through most of it).
















We took Nate to yet another museum (Dan is trying to make him a leftie, and apparently I'm trying to make him an artist?), this time the Kemper which is modern art. He clearly likes this better than the indigenous art at the Stanford museum. Nate's 4th cousins Lani and Dara joined us! Well, 4th cousins or first cousin 4 times removed, whatever that means.






















We also took Nate by the house I grew up in from 1975 to 1985 (yes i'm old, don't rub it in). Here we are outside the house. After this picture was taken I trespassed into their backyard and the owner came out - while putting his shirt on - and invited us in to see the place. I didn't hesitate for a second, I was in the door before he could finish his kind offer. It's been 23 years since I had seen my old bedroom, seen the railing where I had gotten my head stuck, listened to the squeak of the floorboards in the kitchen. Of course many things had changed (how dare they take the red shag carpeting out?!), but it redefined the word trippy for me. Now if only we could get some kind of house where Nate can have similar memories... well we can dream can't we.






















Nate got blessed by Sima, my mom's good Russian friend. I think this picture is so cool and almost looks like a Dutch painting from the 1500's...



And to make you smile on this Monday, here's a pretty funny video from last night. He'll be rolling over in no time, mark my words. We cannot believe Nate is 16 weeks. Can YOU?!


3 comments:

Anne said...

What's the trick? Spit up out the side of the mouth while leaning the right side of his body?

The Berger Dempseys said...

He turned over to his site a few times, I swear!

Claire said...

Hilarious! Great trick!