Thursday, August 14, 2008

Nate's a Kansas boy at heart

Nate's loving Kansas. He got to feel rain for the first time today (thanks California drought), and here he is in his overalls. Which means at long last we got our luggage!




The more I come back home to Kansas, the more I don't recognize it. Every block I knew as having a field, crops, a barn, or horses now has upscale strip shopping. What happened?! I guess I have been gone 15 years... Here's Nate and happy grandparents in front of a new cool fountain and some construction. We went to an awesome restaurant called Ingredient (like Pluto's but with worse line management).









Here's Grammy, Nate and Timothy. Yes, I named that bug Timothy. I get to name everything until he starts to.

This photo shows how much I stink at photoshopping. I tried to crop myself out of this shot and instead.... colored Nate's mouth and ear blue. What the hell. I have no idea how I did it but my mom and I just had a good laugh.




















Here's us at our nightly greasing. We go through a tub of vaseline quite quickly around here. Luckily Nate seems to enjoy it.



Nate finally met his Aunt Clara! And she got to feed him (and see him cry for an uncharacteristically long 4 hours):


No comments: