Tuesday, August 12, 2008

You are now free to move about the cabin

Nate had his very first flight yesterday! He handled it really well, eating on the ascent and descent and sleeping all the time in between. He got compliments as we deboarded from all the people that had given us dirty looks when we had first sat down. "Oh man, i have to sit next to a screaming 6 month old?!" Well surprise, he's 3.5 months and sleeps all the time.

Here's Nate and I in the back of the bus. He slept through this photo, I just wanted to capture his first flight! At one point I tried to lay him on a pillow on top of the tray table to give my back a rest but he's just too long. I got some laughs and looks though.















We were happy until we landed and realized that our bag didn't land. In fact no one had any idea where our bag was, Milwaukee was suggested. Though it was a direct nonstop flight, the fact that they lost our one bag was very frustrating. But I wasn't alone in the lost luggage office, 5 other people from our flight lost theirs too! Misery loves company.
Nate and I are now in Kansas City! He loves all the toys grammy has gotten him, but I especially loved introducing him to my 'daughter' Jennifer Jody:



Last weekend we celebrated Nonna's birthday at a nice restaurant in Danville (a town full of people named Dan!) and I wanted to post a pic of the happy Grandma:


More photos of our Kansas trip to come, stay tuned! Hopefully there will be an update on the bag fiasco too, though Nate loves the new sleeper and blanket we bought for him last night at Target.

1 comment:

Anne said...

That's too funny! I would have totally given the dirty look. Maybe I should think twice next time. Hope you get your luggage!