I realize I've been more of a complainer lately than I usually am, though of course I would argue I have had reason. Therefore I wanted to blog about the positives of pregnancy, those things that might ultimately get me to do this whole thing again.
1. The hiccups. You know when you get hiccups and it's kind of annoying and you try all kinds of things to get rid of them? For me, drinking water upside down usually does the trick, though I always hoped eating spoonfuls of sugar would be my panacea. Well when my baby gets the hiccups it is THE cutest thing ever. My belly jiggles every 5-10 seconds and he moves around after each hiccup; I'm sure he's moving around because it's frustrating for him and he wants to rid himself of the accursed hiccups... but for me it's the best. And I love sharing his hiccups with whoever is nearby!
2. Picturing what he looks like. Dan and I enjoy endless fun trying to predict what parts of us the little guy is going to get. He might come out looking squishy and alien initially, but how fun to watch him develop into a person over time. Sometimes I dream about him, like last night where I was looking at Baby D through binoculars- but he was so far away that I couldn't really tell what he looked like. All I can say is I hope he gets Dan's teeth and my back, nuff said.
3. Feeling him move. Yes sometimes it hurts when he kicks my ribs or impales his head on my bladder. But for the most part our baby is just a really active busybody (like his mommy was!) who loves to stretch his limbs and push back when prodded. Dan loves especially to identify elbows or knees and then make him move them.
4. The nursery. I've had such much fun decorating and outfitting the nursery. I love the sage accents, the amazing chest of drawers that Dan rehabbed, the monkey theme, the new Pottery Barn euro shams with jungle leaf print, the fancy crib, the ingenuity of our changing table, the computer/TV we rigged up that hopefully will have a working DVR soon, the monkey iron-on that Natalie gave me and I applied to the diaper stacker, the glider I found for free and painstakingly bleached. I hope Baby likes it as much as I do!
No comments:
Post a Comment