Apparently most pregnant women get food cravings, and m ore than half of pregnant women get nausea, keeping in mind that their nausea usually lasts, oh, about a month. Well my nausea got the better of me these last 9.5 months, and instead of cravings I've had very powerful dietary aversions. The worst word in the English language (dare I say it) is soup. Just the thought of soup. Other intolerable foods would be garlic, chicken, fish, mexican food, chinese food, and mashed potatoes. I need to qualify this with the fact that I'm usually a picky eater, but pregnancy has far and away made me the pickiest eater you've met. If a food looks at me funny I will get a wave of "make it stop". Restaurants in general are verboten because of the powerful smells. There was a restaurant I greenlighted in downtown San Carlos, sushi actually, because of its sterility but I'm off that now. There are very few places I will set foot in. Last night though I went to the local Thai place, and surprisingly had no nausea, so Saigon Kitchen is now one of the few places I will go.
There are about 5 dishes that I will make for Dan on an irregular basis. I'm sure the poor guy is sick of my orzo spinach salad, but he still pretends to be excited about it. I refuse to cook with meat, any kind of flesh. Annie showed me this great tofu recipe so that's now how I get my protein. You get the extra firm, cut it up, mix it with a chutney and bake it at 400 for 20 minutes, turning once in the process.
My one saving grace has been fruit. I can't get enough fruit, which I guess does actually qualify as a craving. In fact I just ate half a pineapple. If only I could have a Jamba for dinner every night I would go to bed happy. If only. Dan and I are both hoping that this rampant pickiness disappears come baby's birth day. Cross your fingers folks.
1 comment:
Picky Eater?? When did that start? Except for Spa Moussaka, you guys ate EVERYTHING!! :) Mum
Post a Comment