Monday, April 14, 2008

Week Three

Today is the beginning of my third week of maternity leave. My third week of completely implanting myself within our old blue couch. My third week of watching mostly average movies and making mini trips to Longs or Blockbuster or House of Bagels. My third week of overplanning for what lies ahead. Dan's also ready for me to stop proclaiming each night before we go to bed that "can you believe it?! tomorrow we could be parents!!"
My instinct that this baby would come early is officially proven wrong, but I'm ok with that. Tomorrow is the first of my due dates, so if he's really half Berger he'll choose tomorrow (or April 21st, the other due date) to enter this world. We're ready Baby! Based on voting, Rugger is the leading name, but I highly suspect voter fraud (ahem, mom) so we may have to reconsider.
After too many bad to middling movies (do not see Margot at the Wedding), I finally saw a couple good ones. The Painted Veil and The World's Fastest Indian- both well done and interesting. Today: Atonement.
On the TV front, Claire and I are on a crusade to save Eli Stone, the ABC show that just keeps getting better and better. If you've never seen it, check it out. I might actually write a letter in my copious time, which I've never done. But the show is just that good and is, like so many of the better shows, being threatened with cancellation. Probably in favor of some inane reality show where the twins of D list celebrities must convince people on the street that they are their more famous sibling- all while living in a house together. Riveting.

2 comments:

Claire said...

Yea....save Eli Stone! I put my letter to ABC in the mail today! I told them that they should renew Eli Stone in order for me retain my...FAITH...in network television. Cheesy, I know, but I couldn't resist :)

katherine berger said...

YAY for saving Eli Stone!!! Keep those cards and letters coming! :)
Baby Ballot Box...Mea Culpa from Momma Katya!:)