It's week 2 of my maternity leave and I've officially run out of things to do, so at the instigation of some of my more tech-savvy friends I'm starting a blog. This will become a great forum to post pictures and milestones of Baby Dempsey, who shall thus far remain nameless, and to chronicle his first year. I don't know who will actually want to check this thing regularly, let alone bookmark it, but I know Anne will at the very least :) And my mom, definitely my mom.
Baby D is, in my opinion, cooked and ready to pop out of the oven. It's probably wishful thinking to use that metaphor... Anyways, he's quite active at night. Clearly he'll be a night owl, though his parents are more morning folk. His Aunt Claire and his nonna are more night owls so he's already taking after his relatives! And he gets the hiccups after I eat, which (if you haven't felt my hiccuping belly yet) is probably the cutest thing ever. He seems to enjoy the sound of the shower and the hairdryer, and usually stops moving when anyone else wants to feel him move. He's my little baby whale (calf?), because anyone that's been whale watching knows that they prefer to be more mysterious than not. Already a contrarian too, possibly.
For now this blog will be a running movie commentary because all I do is watch movies. Lately I've seen many more that I would not recommend than those I would. Movies you should see: United 93, Pan's Labyrinth, Moliere, North By Northwest, Death at a Funeral, The King of Kong, The Third Man, The Kingdom and the TV show Coupling. Movies you should delete from your queue: Becoming Jane, No Reservations, Meet The Robinsons, Two Days in Paris, Beyond the Sea, The Squid and the Whale, and Elizabeth the Golden Age. If you want more detailed reviews let me know.
Our new video camera came-- it's going to capture many a baby video. We opted for the Sony SR45 because we didn't want to pony up for HD yet, but we did want the hard disk drive rather than the mini dvd or flash. We didn't go for the 220 though because who needs more than 30gig really? I'm now the expert in video cameras. For those that have the money and the knowhow, the AV blogs are crazy over the canon HG10 and costco is selling it for $750.
How have I never done this blogging thing? It's right up my verbose alley. OK, must start my exciting day.
1 comment:
you're absolutely right i'll be checking it! of course, i hope to SEE you (and Baby D) at least as often as you plan to update the blog! :) love you!!!
Post a Comment